VWB/VSF Student Project: Ghana

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ghana:)
Wow, what an incredible place. I have been very busy ever since I have arrived. The flight here I just made it, luckily my brother Bobbie found the mailman who was carrying my visa and passport and we just made it to the airport!! I am currently with the "team" in Wa which is in the Upper West Region of Ghana. It is rural and contains many beautiful villages. There are many trees and the people are amazing. I have had the opportunity to partake in the many meetings we have had here to set up our project. The village meetings are the best! The villagers are very enthusiastic about the project and I hope we will be able to determine why their Guinea Fowl and chickens are dying each year. We have already had a chance to necropsy two specimens.
I hope I will be able to post some pictures soon so you can grasp the essence and the beauty of Afria. The villages I have been to are very peaceful and very family orientated. There is a lot of respect for the elders and they are more than willing to work with us to improve their animal health and food security. I love seeing all of the chickens, goats, sheep and cattle free range.
I will continue to update this blog with the project's progress as the internet connection permits...
Kirstin

No comments:

Post a Comment